Monday, August 22, 2016

Birthdays, bad days, and frogs

With the month coming to an end I can look back and say it sure didn't turn out how I expected it too.  

So much to catch up on, let's start with BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONS! 

Ready for dinner
The lovely husband took me out to my favorite restaurant for lunch.  It's a rare treat that were both able to go to a sit down restaurant, just the two of us.  A had water day at school so we didn't want to pick him up for a boring restaurant when he could be playing in sprinklers with his buddies.  

We did surprise him with a trip to the movies after school though.  We had tried the weekend before but the tickets were sold out, twice!  People seriously love The secret life of pets.  
Surprise movie night

This past week we also discovered we have a few frogs living in our window wells.  By a few I mean about 20.  Yep, they love it there so much they just keep brining their friends. I researched this problem obsessively all last week and I learned;
A. It's a very common issue. 
B. We're lucky it's just frogs.  Some people get snakes, rodents, or lizards.  
C. No one really says what to do about it. I could get the clear window well covers but at $500 a piece I'm not sure I want to throw a $1,000 at a problem for something as small as frogs.  I could make it nice down there and keep them as "pets", but then I read snakes like to come snack on them.  I'd rather not have snakes.  
D. You can't simply remove them... They come back. With more friends. 

How many frogs can you fit in one window well?


My sister came this weekend with her kids. We decided to spend the day at the zoo.  I forgot to take any photos but did get a shot as you enter the zoo.  It's a very pretty riverside drive. 



Lastly, we have had a few updates to the house I hope to post soon.  We redid our counters. They look beautiful, but as of this morning, I had a small flood in the kitchen because the plumber didn't hooks the dish washer back up correctly. Uhg. 



No comments:

Post a Comment