Tuesday, June 28, 2016

The Starter Home Part 9


And... We are back on track.

Quick follow up to last week; electric is on, we have a shiny new water heater (furnace and purifier still to come) and electric sockets are scrapped free of mud, and finally the basement is fully dry walled and sanded. The floor is a dried muddy mess, but its a start.

Step 8:
Flooring & Primer

Last week we stopped by the house to show it to my mother, who lives out of town and had only seen pictures.  I had just warned her that nothing had happened in weeks and not to expect much, when I opened the door to find flooring had been started.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjnQWqIxfEmrVbHsRMwg2v01dNiY6B0svM_nrlWotoiDvtAzLrJ-Sf8KUm0xXatfhsKdmPXa_zlKr4cJOsVd-WmBtEOeBqwN65Srvp3NZIUBcDTh41vqvXeZOllBkHudU6_NQGbLe7bIKQ/s640/blogger-image--812523552.jpg

The floors are very, very dirty, I was dying to clean them. In fact, I left dreaming of mops! I'm so excited to clean these floors... MY floors! Also, I hear Shark makes a very nice steam mop...

There are more rooms with flooring, but honestly, I was so excited I just kept running from room to room and forgot to take pictures.



It wasn't even until we were about to leave that we noticed that the walls were starting to be primed too!

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhDHqE0AjfVQlqrdj3VXdfgvFH_vFBbrzvK_XhVp9eZ5HdNBX3cdFtnAzfHXAwbJlIPYIClj5vNihhMUmCdKerPG837SD3InrjrHbB-1fwT-_WV1IP33nlt5sfZlEfYBApAl1jA3TdGtIw/s640/blogger-image-1021234788.jpg

The garage is where they seem to store everything for the next phase and sure enough, when we looked we found this. Step 9 will be trim (this week).

Look at all those doors! I had no idea our house had so many doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment